Question: BoBunny makes chipboard books in \”Love, Baby, Party, etc\”– with graduation right around the corner, I was wondering if there was a company that makes a chipboard book in the word \”Graduation\”. If there is not a company that has one for sell, how would I go about making one. I am sure it would sell like hot cakes!
Answer: No company sells one that I could find - Bo Bunny does make “GRADE” - the closest I could find (you could remove the “E” and do “GRAD”). Here are the ones that Bo Bunny does do and ideas for decorating them from their website.
Making one, though would be a fun project (also see below for pictures and some easier ways to make one):
1. Get some plain chipboard.
2. Using stencils in the right size of the letters or printing the letters from your computer (and making your own stencil), get the letters of GRADUATION. Keep in mind that graduation is a longer word, so you might have to make the book a little larger.
3. Lay the stencil on the chipboard, tracing only the right side. Make sure you leave about 3-4 inches from the right side of the G so you can punch holes. I would also make sure you trace at least 1/2 of the letter, like this:
4. Continue with each letter on a separate piece of chipboard. Each letter should have more space on the left side as you get closer to the last “N”.
5. Punch 2-3 holes in each letter making sure to line them up. Then use ribbon, rings, etc to attach the pages together.
6. Now you can decorate them (I remove the rings while decorating to make it easier).
An easier way to do it: